Wednesday, October 20, 2010

That's What We Are Making!?

Wow! The picture looks really good. It's October, tis the season to be using butternut squash!
Gnocchi with Squash, Spinach and Prosciutto
I've never have gnocchi before so it was my first time trying it. I was never really a fan of prosciutto either. This in the long run was not a good dish for my taste.
Some things I learned while making this dish:
-fresh thyme and dry thyme when measured are totally different amounts. When the recipe says fresh and gives the measurement, you use that measurement. When the recipe says fresh and you use Dry, then you add half of the amount it calls for. I learned this the hard way.
- When buying prosciutto you should always ask for thin slices. Mine were too thick which made each bite saltier than they should have been.
I didn't add much salt to the dish because of the proscuitto.
I was not a fan of the texture of the dish. very dough-like...
Final thought: not making it again. On to the next one!

October 19, 2010
"What is it?"
"it's gnocchi."
"Don't tell me it's yucky before I even try it"

No comments:

Post a Comment