Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Week

I've had some pretty exciting experiences during the fall season. I want to share the baking I've done too!!
i'm not a big fan of pumpkin. When I'm offered pumpkin pie i kindly decline because there's just something about it that I don't like. But I was walking through the baking isle in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago and I saw a can of pumpkin puree. I thought "there's got to be something fun I can do with this." Then next to it I saw the brownie mix and thought "pumpkin brownies!"

I spoke to my friend from the culinary and put together a plan to bake together. We thought of making pumpkin blondies. It was a great idea. We used flour, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and added white chocolate chips for effect and sweetness. I can tell you it went fast and within the week i have to make more. It was very good. A lot better than pumpkin pie!! I want to make it again for thanksgiving!
I also wanted to stay in the holiday season and I wanted to make moster cookies. A monster cookie would consist of cookie dough with a lot of candy thrown in at the end to create these monsterous cookies filled with goodness. I instead made chocolate almond joy cookies. The blue in the cookies are the almond joy pieces. The hint of coconut gave the cookies a different taste it wasn't so consistant with the chocolate flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment