Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm Cookin!


Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
I’ve never attempted to make a casserole before. It seemed to me that they are just meals that you throw in a dish and put in the oven and forget about for a little bit. It wasn’t the case with this meal.
I thought it was really easy to prepare. It’s the first meal that I didn’t have to do major ingredient shopping for. I was so happy about that! The recipe calls for dry sherry wine and I had none. I Googled a replacement for sherry wine; Oh the wonders of the internet! I got a list of things you can replace it with: pineapple juice, apple juice, vanilla extract (1/2 the amount of sherry required), 1/4vinegar+ 1tbs sugar+ 1/4cup water, or vinegar+ water+ chicken broth. Since the recipe already called for chicken broth I used ¼ cup apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup of water. No need to season with salt, just use pepper because the cheese has enough salt and makes it taste good without much else.

made on September 29, 2010


I made brownies too.(Chocolate chunk and walnut) It was a productive day i can tell you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment