Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Safe Word is WHiskey

Whiskey Sauce Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes

This recipe was a fail. Well for the most part except for the sweet potatoes they were delicious.  I used Jack Daniel’s but I didn’t make sure it became a syrupy texture so the sauce came out watery and unappealing. I thought this sauce would taste better on a steak. Maybe I’ll try that one day..
I had a little help with this one. My father grilled the pork, where in the recipe it wanted me to cook it in a skillet. I also used pork on the bone but it called for boneless center cut pork chops. The pork came out a little dry. As for the sauce, I suggest who ever is cooking this next should be a little more patient and allow the sauce to thicken. I think it would have come out better that way.


made September 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment